The Railway Museum Day is a cheerful event for the whole family with all kinds of fun activities and a lively railway atmosphere. Experience travelling aboard a museum train, see a turntable show, have a go at conducting a handcar and hop onboard the miniature park train: the most eventful day of the year suits everyone from toddlers to seniors!
- Turntable shows 11.30, 12.30, 14.30 & 16.00. Watch how heavy steam engines "Ukko-Pekka" and "Prinsessa" turn around with nothing but muscle! There will be a surprise visitor at the turntable!
- The miniature park train operates the whole day. Have a tour around the museum park on a carriage drawn by miniature trains. Ticket prices: 1€/person.
- Conduct a hand car. Have a go at conducting a hand car and see how quick you can go!
- Steam engine “Leena” takes on passengers for a ride in a passenger carriage dating back from the beginning of the 20th century. Leena drives from 13.30 till 16.30. You can access the ride with your event bracelet.
- Diesel railcar "Lättähattu" drives passengers on the museum's track from 10.30 till 12.50. You can access the ride with your event bracelet.
- Steam engine "Pikku-Jumbo" operates between Hyvinkää and Riihimäki. Access onboard is subject to a separate cash payment.
- Diesel engine "Huru" operates between Hyvinkää and Lohja. Access onboard is subject to a separate cash payment.
- Heritage Train “Valtteri” operates from Helsinki via Tikkurila and Järvenpää all the way to the Railway Museum.
- And a whole lot more…
The Railway Museum Day takes place on Sunday 11th August 2019. The event is open from 10 am until 5 pm.
The ticket prices for the event are: adults 15,00€, children (7-17 yrs.) 5,00€, children under 7 yrs. are free of charge and family ticket (2 adults and children of the family) 30,00€.
Please note: the Museum Card and other discount cards are not valid on the Railway Museum Day.
THE MUSEUM TRAFFIC
The Railway Museum Day train traffic will be handled in co-operation with the Finnish Railway Museum, VR and Haapamäki Museum Locomotive Society. Please note that during the opening hours (10.00 – 17.00) the ticket prices for the trains arriving at Railway Museum include the entry to the Railway Museum Day.
Diesel engine "Huru" takes on passengers from Lohja to the Railway Museum Day
Diesel engine "Huru" takes on passengers for the Railway Museum- Lohja- Railway Museum ride. You can also hop onboard from Rajamäki, Otalampi and Nummela.
Tickets are sold directly on the train and by the ticket stalls in the event area near the train departure gates (cash payment only). Please reserve the exact change for the tickets if possible. The ticket revenue will be donated to support the activities of Haapamäki Museum Locomotive Society.
Take a steam engine to the Railway Museum Day from Riihimäki
Steam locomotive “Pikku Jumbo” with its wooden carriages will transport passengers during the day between Riihimäki and Railway Museum.
Tickets are sold directly on the train (cash payment only) or by the ticket stalls in the event area near the train departure gates. Please reserve the exact change for the tickets, if possible. The ticket revenue will be donated to support the activities of the Haapamäki Museum Locomotive Association.
The Heritage Train Valtteri takes on passengers from Helsinki Region to the Railway Museum Day
The Heritage Train Valtteri takes passengers on board from Helsinki, Tikkurila and Järvenpää. The train will depart from Helsinki at 9.45am and stop at Tikkurila (10.02) and Järvenpää (10.23) stations to pick up more passengers. The Heritage Train Valtteri has four restored wooden passenger coaches from different decades and it will be powered by the diesel engine Dr13 2349 from 1960s.
Tickets for the Heritage Train can be bought from our webshop in advance. The ticket prices include the train tickets as well as entrance fees to the event. You can do a round-trip or a one way trip with Valtteri. Ticket sales at the webshop will end on 7th August 2019. If there are seats left after that, tickets will also be sold on the train on the event day.